The Emperor's Last Island: A Journey to st Helena
For the first six years of his life Napoleon Bonaparte was a prisoner on St Helena, a tiny volcanic island in the middle of the South Atlantic ocean. There were more than two thousand British soldiers stationed there to ensure he did not escape, and the former emperor and his companions lived in a tumbling house, battered day and night by the trade winds.
It follows him through the eyes of those who lived with him, who guarded him, who managed only to catch a brief glimpse of him, alive or dead. It is also a personal account: a description of Julia Blackburn's own journey to St Helena and at the same time a journey through the private memories and associations evoked by the telling of this poignant and curious story.
The emperor's last island: a journey to St.
- Saint Helena Literature.
- Top Authors.
- Elephant Talks (1).
- Authentic Devotion: A Modern Interpretation of Introduction to the Devout Life by Francis de Sales.
- RELATED ARTICLES?
- Starving the South: How the North Won the Civil War.
Condition: New. More information about this seller Contact this seller. Never used!.
Seller Inventory P Seller Inventory NEW The emperor's last island: A journey to St Helena. Julia Blackburn.
- The Cult Conspiracy That Killed Booker T. Washington: A feature of the Alabama 2019 Bicentennial?
- A Place to Call Home.
- Trust the Dog: Rebuilding Lives Through Teamwork with Mans Best Friend.
- A Journey to St. Helena, Home of Napoleon's Last Days | Travel | Smithsonian!
- The Emperor's Last Island : A Journey to St. Helena by Julia Blackburn | eBay.
- The Emperor's Last Island: A Journey to st Helena!
This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:. Synopsis About this title A study of the tiny tropical island of St Helena and the legacy of Napoleon Bonaparte who lived there in exile for the final six years of his life.
Review : After his defeat at Waterloo in , Napoleon was exiled to the island of St. From the Inside Flap : leon Bonaparte arrived on St.
The Emperor's Last Island : A Journey to St. Helena
Buy New View Book. Other Popular Editions of the Same Title. Pantheon, Hardcover. Minerva, Softcover.
Search for all books with this author and title. Customers who bought this item also bought.
Related The Emperors Last Island: A Journey to St Helena
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved